Go to USC home page USC Logo USC: Conference Services
UNIVERSITY OF SOUTH CAROLINA

BEACH 2008 Home

Program

Abstract Submission

Accommodations

Bulletins

Frequently Asked Questions

Organizers

Fellowships

Poster

Proceedings

Registration

Tourism
USC  THIS SITE

University Conferences
horseshoe

When is the banquet?

Participants and accompanying persons (at additional cost) may enjoy the conference banquet on the evening of Thursday 26 June. Transportation to the banquet venue will be provided.

How do I navigate from the Inn at USC to the banquet venue?

Have a look at this map.

Will Computer Facilities be available?

A room adjacent to the meeting hall will be furnished with several internet-connected workstations and ample power outlets for laptops belonging to participants. Wireless Internet access is continuously available in the areas surrounding the auditorium. The Inn at USC provides wireless Internet access in all of its rooms at no extra charge. Internet access will be available gratis in the dormitory rooms for participants electing those accommodations.

How should I get from the airport to the Inn at USC?

Unless you plan to rent a car, your best bet is to take a taxi. After you have descended the escalator into the baggage delivery hall at the airport, continue across the hall and through the exit that is dead ahead, and you will see the taxi stand. The fare for the 20 minute ride will be about $25.00. The Inn does not operate a shuttle. During the conference you should expect to have no need for a rental car, but if you do rent, you can park your car on the Inn's lot at no additional charge. You can find the driving route from the airport to the Inn at this URL.

How should I get from the airport to my dormitory accommodations?

If you have reserved space in the dormitory, please follow the instructions above to find your way to the Inn at USC. If you arrive on Sunday evening, someone at the BEACH registration desk at the Inn will assist you with keys and directions to your room in the dorm. If you will be arriving on Monday or later, please send us your outbound travel arrangements by email, and we will arrange to assist you upon arrival at the Inn or at the nearby meeting site (see below).

How do I navigate from the Inn to the meeting hall at the Daniel Management Center?

The Daniel Management Center is on the 8th floor of the Business Administration Building, which is about 130 m southeast of the Inn. Exit the Inn on the Pendleton St. side and follow Pendleton St. about 65 m to the left. Turn right, cross Pendleton St., proceed about 90 m, then enter the building on your left. Locate the elevator and take it to the 8th floor. Here is a map.

How do I navigate from the Inn to the reception at Speakeasy?

Speakeasy is a 1.3 km walk from the Inn. This map shows the route you should follow.

RETURN TO TOP
USC LINKS: DIRECTORY MAP EVENTS VIP
SITE INFORMATION